Dec 07, 2018
– Prepare the berry sauce so it has time to cool before preparing the mascarpone filling. Place the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
– Remove from heat and sieve to remove seeds.
– While the sauce is getting ready prepare the gelatine. Dissolve gelatine in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
– Place gelatine over low heat just until the gelatine dissolves and then pour it over sieved berry sauce. Let the berry sauce cool at room temperature while you prepare the rest.
– Line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20 cm) round spring form pan.
– Line the edges and bottom of the pan with bourbon. Where necessary cut the bourbon to fill the gaps.
– Prepare chocolate and berry mousse fillings. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
– Prepare the gelatine. Dissolve gelatine in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
– Place gelatine over low heat just until the gelatine dissolves and then pour it over melted chocolate.
– In a large mixing bowl mix mascarpone with powdered sugar until combined. In another bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
– Divide mascarpone mixture in two.
– Mix half of the mascarpone mixture with melted chocolate and pour it over the bottom of the pan. Add fresh raspberries or mixed berries on top. Refrigerate for about 15-30 minutes.
– Mix the other half of mascarpone mixture with berry mixture. Pour it on top of chocolate mousse.
– Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight until set.
– Before serving decorate with a ribbon, fresh berries and mint leaves.