Dec 06, 2016
Now that our Monday blues are over, lets indulge in some Shahi Paneer. Follow Neha’s simple steps and make this yummy Shahi Paneer in your own kitchen.
1. Soak almonds and cashew nuts in warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Soak saffron in warm milk for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add cloves, black peppercorn, black cardamom, green cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for 10-15 seconds. Add onion and fry till pinkish. Add the ginger and garlic and fry till onion turns golden brown.
4.Add tomato puree and cook for a minute. Remove the pan from heat and let the masala cool. Blend the masala in a blender along with soaked almonds and cashew nuts to make a smooth paste.
5. Transfer the paste in the pan. Add khoya and saffron soaked in milk Cook for another minute. Add kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and a cup of water and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add paneer, honey, lemon juice, cardamom powder, kewra essence and a cup of water and cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes. Adjust water according to your preference Add fresh cream and cook for a minute.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and fresh cream and serve hot with Naan or pulao.