Experience the magic as P.F. Chang’s unveils its delectable delights and bold flavours in the Maximum City

The vibrant city of Mumbai welcomes the arrival of P.F. Chang’s – a culinary haven known for its fusion of Asian flavours and timeless elegance

Experience the magic as P.F. Chang’s unveils its delectable delights and bold flavours in the Maximum City

As the doors swing open for the first time, a symphony of aromas and a promise of exquisite taste beckons Mumbaikars to indulge in an extraordinary dining experience. P.F. Chang’s brings to the bustling streets of Mumbai a perfect blend of tradition and modernity, where every dish is crafted with dedication and precision to piece together a flavoursome Asian culinary adventure.

As most patron visitors would know, the two symbolic elements that stand out at every P.F. Changs are the enchanting cherry blossoms and the majestic horse. The horse which you can easily spot at the entrance, captured in art and sculpture, adds a touch of regality to the surroundings at P.F. Chang’s first-ever outlet in the country at Mumbai.

Step into the restaurant and you'll be greeted by the delicate beauty of cherry blossoms, elegantly adorning the space right in the front. Within the interior, vibrant shades of gold, black and red take center stage. The space gains a distinctive character with the brand's unique custom-painted murals.

What we tried
As a whole, about 75-80% of the menu at P.F. Changs mirrors what you'd find in USA. The remaining 20% has been adapted to better suit local preferences in India, including the addition of certain protein options. While the brand hasn't introduced customisations per se, instead they've incorporated diverse protein choices like tofu and cottage cheese, implemented some innovations and also adjusted the portion sizing keeping in mind the Indian audience. They also showcase a special Jain menu to suit the needs of the customers here.

We tried their famous Lettuce Wraps with Chicken, their Kung Pao Dragon Roll, Edamame Dumplings and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce with Chang’s Fried Rice. For cocktails, we tried their Midnight Shanghai, Picante and Rising Dragon.

What worked
Bold and umami flavours are what you can expect at P.F. Chang’s and their Kung Pao Dragon Roll Sushi which was spicy and smoked by the tableside worked best for us. The Edamame Dumplings are steamed and served with a spicy broth that offers a spiciness along with the sweetness of edamame, fusing to create an unforgettable taste.

The stage is set for an extraordinary venture by franchise owner Ramit Bharti Mittal—Chairman at GIPL—with the very first outlet, as he readies to redefine the culinary landscape in India with his expertise. Just as P.F. Chang’s embarks on a thrilling gastronomic journey, marking its grand debut in Mumbai, Mr Mittal unveils plans for expansion in Delhi. His vision extends well beyond these immediate horizons and sights on the ambitious long-term goal of establishing numerous restaurants across India within the next decade. And we definitely can’t wait for you to experience this gourmet experience in your city next.

Tarvene Shahpuri

Tarvene Shahpuri

Tarvene is a chocolate and chai fiend who is constantly on the hunt for cute cafes. You can catch her baking some Biscoff cheesecakes or binge-watching Netflix shows. She likes filling up her free time painting, listening to music or going on long drives.

Next Story