Diwali Special Faral Recipe
Diwali is a festival of lights and it's not complete without these traditional savoury at home. As we celebrate the festival of lights, here's a compilation of the traditional Diwali dishes that is a must at all Indian homes ahead of the celebrations.
1)Shakkarpara Shankarpali Recipe
For 250g Shankarpare:
Oil for deep frying
Gram flour according to requirement
1 small bowl ghee
1 small bowl water
1 small bowl sugar
salt to taste
2)Rava Karanji/Gujiya Recipe
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons ghee
salt according to taste
For the filling:
1cup fine grained semolina,
2 cups grated coconut,
1/2 cup powdered sugar,
dry fruits ( chopped almonds, pistas, raisins),
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
milk for sticking
Mixture of cornflour and ghee to put on the covering before adding the filling
3)Rice Flour Chakli(चकली) Recipe
All Purpose Flour
Crushed Green Chillies
Oil for frying
- Take some rice flour in a bowl.
- Add some maida, green chillies, curd, sesame seeds, asafoetida, cumin powder, salt and some ghee to it.
- Add some water and make a soft dough out of this mixture.
- Use a flat surface to knead the dough together.
- Keep the dough aside for a while.
- Apply some water on your hands and place a portion of the dough in the chakli maker.
- Move the chakli maker in a circular motion and make the chaklis on a butter paper.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Lift the chaklis gently and slip them into the oil one at a time.
- Let it cook until golden brown.
4)Rava ladoo/Sooji Ladoo
For 5-6 semolina ladoos:
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ghee
1 cup semolina
Cardamom powder according to taste
Raisins according to requirement
Almonds and pistas finely chopped
1/2 a small bowl of milk
5)Mathri (Crackers) Recipe
1 cup of maida (refined flour)
Hing (asafoetida) dissolved in water
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon of sesame seeds
½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
A little flour
1 tablespoon of ghee
1/3 teaspoon of baking soda
6)Meetha Poha Recipe
3/4 cup sweet Poha
1/2 cup Jaggery
2 to 3 crushed Cardamom
2 tbsp chopped or grated Coconut
2 tbsp Dried Fruits
1 tbsp Ghee
- Wash poha three to four times and then drain off excess water. Place in a bowl.
- Combine jaggery and 2 tbsp water and melt on a medium flame. Once melted, remove off flame and keep aside to cool. You may add crushed cardamom to jaggery water now or mix with poha later.
- Once jaggery water cools, add to poha and mix gently.
- Roast dried fruits and coconut in ghee and add. Toss gently.