Aug 24, 2016
What if you could binge on a fancy dessert at 3 AM while watching re-runs of your favourite TV show? This cheesecake jar is a perfect way to curb your midnight dessert cravings and guess what…it can be made in a jiffy!
What you need:
1 small packet of digestive biscuits (crushed)
2 Tbsp melted butter
250 grams cream cheese
100 grams fresh cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp vanilla essence
2 Tsp strawberry jam
1. Start by forming the base of the cheesecake in your jar. To make this, mix in the biscuits and melted butter and press to form a base at the bottom of the jar.
2. Next, mix together the cream cheese, fresh cream, sugar, vanilla essence and strawberry jam.
3.Add this mixture on top of the base and add a little more strawberry jam on top.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
1. Ensure that the cream cheese mixture does not have any lumps.
2. Use icing sugar instead of the granulated one.
3. Refrigerate the biscuit base for about 5 minutes before you add the cream cheese mix on top. That will help it set better.
4. If you don’t want to use jam, you can also cut up fresh strawberries and add them.