May 03, 2017
Every time mom pulled out a long, cylindrical jar with a red lid out of her grocery bag, we’d pounce on her to grab these tiny cheese squares that were a source of pure joy back then. A box of these cheesy, crunchy beauties meant to last a whole month, however they never quite lasted for more than a day in the house!
While we still crave for these mini delights, adulthood and health goals make us refrain from buying them from a store. But you can still make your own cheeselings at home. Here’s how:
What you will need:
100 gms grated cheese
2 ½ cups flour
1 cup gram flour or besan
½ cup buttermilk
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger powder
½ tsp salt
3 tsp oil
3 tsp milk
1. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
2. Pour the oil, milk and buttermilk and mix well until it forms a dough.
3. Keep aside and let it rest for a while.
4. Roll out the dough and cut them into small diamond shapes.
5. Deep fry them until light golden.
6. Drain excess oil, let it cool and serve.
ALSO READ: Cook It 5 Ways: Cheese
1. Make sure the oil poured in the mix to make the dough is hot.
2. Make the cheeselings in batches. Don’t fry everything together.
3. Make sure to store in an air tight container.
Find a recipe here.