Jun 29, 2017
While sprinkles are great to top your cakes and bakes with, colourful sugar is a quirky twist to add to your desserts. So, give the store-bought packets a ditch and make some of your own.
Here’s how you can do it.
What you will need:
50 grams granulated sugar
Gel food colouring
1. Begin by adding the sugar along with 2-3 drops of food colouring into a zip lock bag.
2. Mix this well until all the sugar is coated with the colour.
3. Add this to a baking tray lined with butter papaer and bake for 8-9 minutes.
4. Get this out of the oven and cool for a while.
5. Store in an air tight container.
1. Make sure to not bake the sugar for more than the given time.
2. Use sugar with a larger grain.