DIY Food: Dunk-In-Your-Milk Oreo Cookies
Oreos are a world favourite.
It's a known fact that Oreo is the best cookie to have been invented. Yes, the chocolate chip cookie is pretty close, but right from milkshakes, cakes, cheesecakes, churros and what not, Oreo has taken over it all. This cookie is used to make the most decadent desserts and shakes, but what if you could make the cookie itself, that too at home?
What you will need:
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
For the filling:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1. Start by mixing together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
2. With the help of a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
3. Add in the cocoa powder mix and incorporate well.
4. Roll out this dough with the help of a rolling pin and powdered sugar and cut into small circles with cookie cutters.
5. Bake it in the oven at 180 degree C until cooked.
6. To make the filling, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the vanilla essence and milk and mix until it is thick and smooth in consistency.
7. Once the cookies are baked and cooled, sandwich them by piping the filling in between two cookies.
8. Dunk it in milk and enjoy.
1. Make sure the cocoa powder is good quality, it will give the cookie a good colour.
2. For better flavour, use vanilla beans instead of essence.