DIY Food: Edible Waffle Bowls
Scoop your favourite ice-cream in a homemade waffle bowl. Photo via Foodgawker
While ice-cream in a cup or a cone seems perfect, what if you could eat the bowl after you are done eating your favourite ice-cream? Take your favourite flavour up a notch by serving it in a homemade waffle bowl. Sounds fancy doesn't it?
Here's how you can make it in your kitchen.
What you need:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp castor sugar
1 cups warm milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and keep aside.
2. In another bowl beat the eggs along with the milk, butter and vanilla extract.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
4. Pour small portions of the batter into a waffle maker and cook until the waffle is golden brown.
5. Quickly remove the waffle and shape it into a bowl.
6. Hold it in that shape for a few seconds and place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Scoop in some ice-cream into the bowl and serve.
1. You can use glass bowls to shape the waffles.
2. Handle the hot waffles with care.
Find a recipe here.