Dec 07, 2016
Thinking of what to gift your dear ones this Christmas? How about some homemade Ferrero Rochers? These hazelnut chocolates have been a favourite for generations and even though the markets are overflowing with them, why not have some fun and make it at home?
What you need:
1 1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Start by blending 1 cup of hazelnuts in a blender until they turn into a paste.
2. Add in the cocoa powder along with the honey and blend again.
3. Scoop out small portions of the mix, add a hazelnut in it and roll into small balls.
4. Coat these with melted chocolate and then with crushed hazelnuts.
5. Wrap individually.
1. Make sure the hazelnuts are lightly roasted, that enhances the flavour.
2. Use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate to coat these.