DIY Food: Homemade Bubble Tea
Our mornings and evenings are incomplete without a cup of chai. But how about adding a Taiwanese twist to your favourite cup of tea?
Bubble tea is originally a Taiwanese tea-based drink that is mixed with either fruit or milk along with tapioca balls and jelly.
Here's how you can make bubble tea at home.
What you need:
15 gms black tapioca pearl
5 gms black tea leaves
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 tbsp honey
1. First, soak the tapioca overnight.
2. Boil the tea leaves with a little water, milk and honey for about a minute. Strain and keep aside.
3. Boil the soaked tapioca pearls in water for about 2 minutes, strain and add to the tea concoction.
4. Let it completely cool before you serve.
1. Make sure to soak the tapioca pearls for at least 8- 10 hours.
2. You can replace the honey with agave syrup or maple syrup.
3. Soy milk or almond milk can be added instead of regular milk.
4. If you can't find black tapioca pearl, just use regular local tapiocal pearls instead by doubling the amount used.