Nov 16, 2016
Sprinkles are the best way to quirk up a dessert. Be it cakes, doughnuts or ice-cream, none of these are complete without these little colourful pellets.
Even though the market is full of these colourful treats, why not have some fun and make them yourself?
What you will need:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup water
1. Start by mixing the sugar and water until it turns into a thick paste.
2. Divide this sugar paste equally and add in different food colours.
3. Fill these colourful pastes into different zip lock bags and cut the tip on one end of the bag.
4. Pipe these onto wax or butter paper into whichever shape and size you want.
5. Let it dry for at least 5 hours. Cut if need be or just remove from the paper, mix all the colours and add it to your favourite dessert.
1. Try to use gel food colouring for more vibrant results.
2. Make sure to make a very small cut at the tip of the zip lock bags.
3. The easiest way to make these is to pipe straight lines and cut them into small pieces once dry, this will give you small long sprinkles.
4. Pipe small dots for round sprinkles.