Oct 19, 2016
Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time to bring out the carved pumpkins and scary costumes. Even though Halloween isn’t really celebrated in India, it’s always fun to bring out your creative side say at a house party. This Halloween, floor your guests by making these cake pops using pumpkin.
What you need:
1/2 kg chocolate sponge cake
350 grams of melted white chocolate
Food colouring (Orange, black and green)
1. Crumble the chocolate cake until very fine in texture.
2. Scoop out small portions of the cake crumbs, mix in little white chocolate and shape them into small balls. Keep them in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
3. Once a little firm, push a lollypop stick on one side, till about half way across and keep aside.
4. Divide the melted white chocolate into 3 portions and add different food colourings to each portion.
5. Dip the cake pops into the orange melted chocolate. Make sure they get coated well.
6. Add both green and black coloured melted chocolate into disposable piping bags and cut a small portion of the tip.
7. Pipe the eyes, nose and mouth on the cake pops with the black coloured chocolate and the stem of the pumpkin with the green one.
8. Leave these to set in the fridge for about an hour before you eat them.
1. Be careful while pushing the lollypop stick in the cake pops, it shouldn’t come out from the top.
2. Make sure to coat the cake pops well, and the cake beneath should not be visible.
3. Give it enough time for the chocolate to set.
4. Keeping them on a cake pop stand will be helpful.