A shiny pink packet filled with these delicious jam biscuits was a sight our younger selves could never ignore. Right from fighting with our siblings over who gets to open the packet to hiding the last biscuit like our lives depended on it, Jimjam has been a very important part of our childhood.
So how about making your inner child a lot happier by baking your favourite treat at home. No more fighting over who gets how many biscuits!
What you need:
100 grams butter
100 grams castor sugar
100 grams flour
40 grams strawberry jam
1. To make the cream, mix together 50 grams of sugar and 50 grams of butter until light and fluffy and keep aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the remaining butter and sugar along with the flour and bind it into a dough.
3. Roll it out and shape it into small circles with the help of a cookie cutter.
4. Cut a smaller circles into the circles and place them onto a baking tray lined with butter paper.
5. Bake for around 20 mins or until slightly golden brown.
6. Get them out of the oven and let them cool.
7. Sandwich two cookies with the buttercream and jam in the middle.
8. Sprinkle some granulated sugar on top and serve.
1. Make sure to thoroughly mash the jam before adding it to the biscuit.
2. You can also add some strawberry essence to the dough for extra flavour.