A childhood favourite, these little sugary hearts made our tiny hearts flutter with joy. A small packet of this fun treat would be wiped out in minutes, many times causing a fight with our siblings on who should get the last little heart.
As much as we love eating these, making them at home is equally fun and you get to eat a lot more!
What you need:
1 sheet puff pastry
1 cup castor sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Begin by thawing and rolling out the pastry.
2. Mix together sugar and cinnamon powder and spread uniformly on the pastry sheet.
3. Fold the pastry from the long side to the middle and repeat the process until it looks like a log.
4. Put in the refrigeratorfor about 15-20 minutes.
5. Take it out and cut the roll into half an inch pieces.
6. Bake well on both sides, coat with more cinnamon sugar and eat.
1. Make sure to roll the pastry tightly to give your final product a better shape.