Aug 03, 2016
We are quite sure that by now you know what a FreakShake is. These bold and beautiful shakes have taken the Internet by storm in the past couple of months with Mumbai’s Coffee by Di Bella finally introducing a FreakShake menu in India! The insanely over-the-top presentation, colourful layers of cream and chocolate is undoubtedly the next big thing in the world of desserts.
So, when our Instagram feed exploded with the crazy shakes, we got cracking and created our own FreakShake at home…in our PJ’s that too!
It’s more than easy to make a FreakShake at home. Just put together a few of your favourite things and voila, you have a gorgeous looking jar in less than five minutes. Yes, you read that right. You’re welcome.
Chocolate Nutella FreakShake
What you need: Measurements as per your taste and preference.
Chocolate/ vanilla ice-cream
1. Start by adding milk, whipped cream and a little sugar in a blender and combine.
2. Add loads of chocolate syrup, chocolate/vanilla ice-cream and Nutella. Combine well.
3. Take a mason jar and drizzle the chocolate syrup on the inside.
4.Pour the FreakShake in the jar.
5. Line the rim of your mason jar with spoonfuls of Nutella. Top it with chocolate syrup or sprinkles or maybe both.
6. Top the FreakShake with a huge dollop of whipped cream, more chocolate syrup and a doughnut or chocolate croissant!
Oh! Don’t forget to add a fancy straw.
1. To make your FreakShake creamier, obviously add more cream. If you don’t have cream, vanilla ice-cream will do the trick.
2. Use different toppings to make it look fancier. Colourful sprinkles, chocolate bars, berries or even cupcakes make for great toppings.
3. Patience is key. So make sure to build up the presentation.
4. Don’t shy away from experimentation. Say, if you aren’t a fan of chocolate, add strawberry syrup or instead of Nutella you can add peanut butter.
5. Lastly, have fun with it! It’ your FreakShake and you can make it the way you want to.