Chocolate is one of the world's favourite foods so much so that September 13th is celebrated as International Chocolate Day, a day dedicated entirely to chocolate! You can make so much with chocolate - cakes, pies, mousse, souffle and what-not. Unfortunately, many of these delicious treats require an oven to be baked in. Don't fret if you do not, because we have sorted your lives. The following chocolate tart is a no-bake recipe and the perfect solution for all your chocolate cravings.
What you need:
500 gm crushed digestive biscuits
300 gm melted butter
350 gm of melted chocolate
150 ml fresh cream
A pinch of salt
Fresh fruit/ berries (optional)
Removable cake tin
1. Mix the crushed biscuits and the melted butter. Once it is well incorporated, add it to your removable bottom cake tin. Press it down with your hand or a spoon to make a firm base. Make sure to bring it up all the way to the sides of the tin.
2. Keep this in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.
3. To make the filling, mix in the melted chocolate, fresh cream and salt. Whisk them well and pour onto the biscuit base.
4. Put this in the fridge for about 10 minutes before adding on the fruits on top. Once the fruits/ berries are added, put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the fridge, dust some icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice-cream.
1. You can substitute the digestive biscuits with your favourite biscuit, say Oreo!
2. If you feel like the base is a little dry, keep adding small amounts of butter till you get the consistency of wet sand.
3. You can add in caramel sauce or top it up with your choice of toppings.
4. Make sure your cake tin is well greased, it will allow the tart to come out clean.
5. If you don't have a removable bottom tin, you can use a regular cake tin, but make sure that it is well greased and take the tart out gently.