DIY Food: Pick-Me-Up Hot Chocolate Mix
Sip on a cup of homemade hot chocolate.
With winter finally here, the only thing that comes to mind is sipping on a mug of hot chocolate while watching your favourite movie in bed. We have all had powdery hot cocoa growing up and it still remains as one of the most comforting drinks.
But, have you wondered if you could make a delightful hot chocolate at home instead of buying it from the store? The child in you will certainly be very happy.
This one can be carried to work or on your travels too!
What you will need:
1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
½ cup sugar
½ cup milk powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup corn flour
1. Start by sieving all the ingredients together.
2. Add them to a bowl and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Once well incorporated, store in an airtight container.
4. To make the final hot chocolate, just boil this mix with a cup of milk and enjoy!
1. Make sure to use good quality cocoa powder for a rich hot chocolate.
2. If you don’t have powdered sugar, any other fine sugar will do.
3. If you want you can add a little cinnamon powder to the mix.