DIY Food: Quick & Easy Homemade Nutella
Make your own nutella at home.
This delicious hazelnut spread is a global favourite. Say hello to Nutella, which you can add it to cookies, waffles, pancakes, milkshakes and the list is endless.
Ain't we all guilty of wiping off entire jars on a bad day or satiating our midnight cravings with Nutella? How about making a jar at home so that you never run out of it?
What you need:
1 cup hazelnuts (chopped & roasted)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp hazelnut oil
A pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Start by blending the hazelnuts in a blender until they form a smooth paste.
2. Add in the sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla essence and salt.
3. Blend until everything is well incorporated and has a smooth consistency.
4. Store it in an air tight container and relish!
1. Make sure the cocoa powder is of good quality. It will affect the flavour and colour of the Nutella.
2. If you can't find hazelnut oil, you can use vegetable oil or any other flavourless oil.