DIY Food: Rainbow Bagels
Serve these colourful treats as breakfast. Photo via It Happened in New York, Mumbai
With rainbow food being quite the trend and practically owning our social media timelines, these beautiful bagels don't come as a surprise. Originally created by The Bagel Store, New York, these colourful creations took the world by storm with all their funky toppings and crazy colours.
These multi-coloured beauties make for the perfect start to your day and are easier to make than you think. Here's how you can make them at home.
What you need:
6 cups flour
2 cups warm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together water, sugar and yeast. Let it stand until bubbles form.
2. Add flour, salt and oil to this yeast mix and mix well until thick.
3. Get this out of the bowl and knead well.
4. Put the dough in a greased bowl and let it rest for a while.
5. After it has risen, punch it down and divide into 6 portions.
6. Dye each portion with a different colour and roll them out.
7. Stack them together to make a log and divide this to make small portions.
8. Roll these into balls and make a hole in the centre. Keep them aside for 10 minutes.
9. Bake these well and serve with cream cheese.
Find a recipe here.
1. Make sure to knead the colours well into the dough to get brighter colours.