DIY Food: Red Velvet Oreo Milkshake
An indulgent shake for the summer. Photo via Instagram
Who doesn't love red velvet and Oreo? These two flavours have been a favourite for quite a while, and there is no better way to step up your milkshake game than by combining these two beauties. The sweetness of the red velvet and crunch of the Oreo make for perfect partners in crime. We say, fulfill all your cravings in one glass.
What you need:
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 crushed Oreo cookies
2 tablespoons of red velvet cake mix
1/2 teaspoon of red food colouring
1. In a blender, add in all the ingredients and mix them up well.
2. Pour it into a glass and top it off with whipped cream and sprinkles.
3. Add a small slice of red velvet cake on top and a straw and serve.
1. If you don't have the cake mix, you can crumble half a red velvet pastry and add it instead.
2. Add chocolate ice-cream if you don't have the vanilla.
3. You can top your milkshake with hot chocolate fudge, Oreo cookies or even more ice-cream.