Who doesn't love hot chocolate? It's a magical drink that brings both happiness and warmth, especially on those chilly, windy mornings and evenings! But if you thought that pre-mixes are the only way to get your hands on a cup of chocolaty goodness, we’re going to change your mind. Here are some tips and tricks to follow when you make your next hot chocolate -
1. Replace your regular milk with full cream milk. Don't use the entire packet of milk in one go, use half of it and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, add in chocolate and stir until it completely melts. After this, add in the left over milk.
2. You definitely want your hot chocolate thick enough, so cut down on the quantity of milk. Make a half and half with full cream milk and rich heavy cream, preferably cool whip.
3. Divide the heavy cream into two equal parts. Whip one part and keep aside to chill and add the other to the milk once the chocolate completely melts.
4. The key to getting it right isn’t just the milk and cream, but also the correct quality of chocolate and cocoa used. Try using a sweet cocoa powder along with some rich chopped chocolate. This also means you won’t need added sugar.
5. Add flavours like vanilla or a hint of cinnamon depending on what you like more!
6. Last but not the least, you can use some marshmallows to garnish your hot chocolate. You could also go a step further and melt the marshmallows in the cream.
7. Find a comfortable chair, sit back and enjoy your hot chocolate.