We might be locked in but at least we have something to look forward to. As the IPL season kicks off on April 9, 12 days after the Indian cricket team completed its assignment again in England, our dulled moods are likely to soar. Matches will add the much-needed energy to our lives and to make it even more, we need snacks. We always need snacks.
While you root for your favourite teams, you'll need something to bite into to ebb all that excitement. And we're sure that you've replenished the pantry with all your fave goodies, like chips, nachos, fried foods or healthy fruit and vegetable bites. But if you missed something to pair it with, then we've got you covered with these five dip recipes that'll ensure you're doing your binge-athon right.
1. Cheesy dip
Imagine the cheesiest dip that you can and now multiply it by 10. Are you already salivating? All you need for this dip is some cheese, butter, powder milk and whole milk. This dip can be eaten with chips, crackers and even with pizza slices.
3 White Cheddar Cheese Slices or 4 processed cheese cube
1 tsp Milk Powder
1/4 Cup Whole Milk or Full Cream Milk
1 tbsp (cold) Salted Butter
1. Boil some water in a bowl. Take another bowl to keep on top of the hot boiled water bowl (make sure the bowls are not touching each other).
2. Put milk, milk powder and butter in the bowl and keep stirring.
3. Then, add the cheese cubes and mix till the cheese is melted.
4. Serve with chips.
2. Nacho cheese
If you are looking for something cheesy and spicy, this is the dip for you. This dip only requires 3 ingredients and needs minimum effort to make it. All you need is some milk, cheese and chilli powder and your dip is ready. All kinds of chips and crackers are good to eat this with.
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cheese
1 tbsp chilli powder
1. In a pan, mix milk and cheese together and keep stirring till the dip thickens.
2. Add chilli powder and give it a mix.
3. Italian Cream Cheese dip
If you are a fan of mayonnaise and are looking for fun ways you can eat it with, here is a recipe that you will love. With only 3 ingredients, this recipe comes handy when you're lazy to prepare something elaborate. For a fresher taste, you can always choose to use fresh herbs like oregano, thyme and basil to make this dip.
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup cream cheese
3 tbsp Italian seasoning
1. Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Yes, it's that simple.
If you're looking for something refreshing to make to eat along with your chips and crackers, then this might be something you would like to dip into. One of the famous Mexican dips, it pairs well with a lot of Indian snacks too.
Tip: Melted cheese makes a great addition to this dip!
1/4 cup onions
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cilantro
2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp chilli powder
1. Put all the chopped veggies in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice, add chilli powder and oregano and let it chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
5. Beetroot Hummus
Give a dose of health to the regular hummus by adding beetroot in it! Once you add the beetroot, the hummus transforms into a sweet, yet salty goodness that you can dunk any cracker or chip in. The refreshing taste of the beetroot makes a slice of toasted bread come to life.
1/2 cup boiled beetroot
1 cup boiled chickpeas
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp pepper and salt
1 tbsp lemon
3- 4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp tahini or sesame seed paste
1. Blend all these ingredients together until it forms a thick paste.
2. Drizzle it with lots of olive oil and garnish with any kind of toasted seeds you might have.
6. Yogurt Dip
Literally a 4 ingredient recipe, this can be slathered on toasts, crackers, put in salads, wraps and also becomes a healthy dip when you need something refreshing to pair salty chips with!
1 cup hung yoghurt
1 tsp black pepper (freshly crushed)
A handful of finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
1-2 cloves of grated garlic
1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
Salt to taste
1. In a bowl, add the hung yoghurt.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
3. prepare in advance and store it in the refrigerator, covering it with a tbsp of olive oil.