India Food Network
Apr 04, 2020
It that time of the year where you need to get innovative with whatever you have in your kitchen pantry. Having said that, it doesn’t mean we should compromise on the taste! With 2 key ingredients, rice & whole masoor dal, a recipe by Chef Archana Arte seems to be the highlight for today! Some recipes are indeed timeless because they never seem to fail us; one of them being the Masoor Rice which is totally oil-free!
Can you believe it? During this lockdown time, we know that the only thing you don’t want to do is put on weight! So, here’s how you make Masoor Rice without oil. Masoor is rich in iron, which helps build haemoglobin levels and wards off fatigue and tiredness. You can make this with basic brown rice too for a healthy twist on the regular masoor rice. However, using regular rice saves on both time and efforts as brown rice takes longer to cook. You can also add apricots and raisins to the masoor masala to make it more fruity & delicious in each bite.
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Kasuri methi
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Biryani Masala
1 cup Basmati Rice
How To Make:
1. Heat a pan. Add sliced onions & finely chopped ginger-garlic.
2. Add Kasuri methi, coriander & salt.
3. Now add one cup par-boiled masoor dal.
4. Add a spoonful of biryani masala.
5. Now add a cup of water & stir.
6. Now cover and cook until masoor is cooked well.
7. Now add the boiled basmati rice. Stir well.
8. Take it off the heat & add leftover Kasuri methi & coriander.
9. Zero-oil masoor rice is ready to serve.
Inspired by this recipe during the lockdown, our content producer Aabha recreates this recipe. If you’re looking for some delicious recipe for yourself or your family, this zero-oil masoor rice recipe is worth the try.
Images by Aabha Huddar