Recipes to Help You Lose Weight in the New Year!
Come end of December, we all swear off calorie-dense, oily foods and resolve not to press the snooze button on cosy mornings and hit the gym instead. But New Year resolutions are meant to be broken in a week or two, right? Not if you try these healthy yet tasty recipes on a regular basis. Presenting our top five recipes for sticking to your weight loss resolutions in the New Year:
- Moong dal idlis, since breakfast is the first order of the day
- 2 cups Moong Dal Yellow
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 chillies dry red
- Handful of curry leaves
- 1 tsp Eno salt fruit
- Dry roast the yellow moong dal till it turns slightly brown.
- After it cools down a little bit, wash and soak along with the one cup brown rice. Let it soak overnight.
- In the morning, grind it to a smooth batter and let it sit for an hour or so.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add hing and roast for about 10 secs. Add the mustard seed, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Fry for 1 minute and add it to the batter.
- Add the Eno to the batter and mix it combined.
- Steam the idlis for 10-12 minutes and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
- Israeli carrot salad to bulk up before the main course
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Begin by chopping all the vegetables and adding them to a large bowl.
- To that add salt, pepper, chilles, lemon juice, chopped lemons, coriander, garlic, olive oil and mix well.
- Garnish and serve.
- Barley and peas risotto for a guilt-free yet filling lunch
- Canola Oil
- Green Chilies
- Lemon Juice
- Mixed Peppers
- Mixed Courgettes
- Blanched Mixed Vegetables
- Alberta Barley
- Green & Yellow Peas
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Stock
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Cream
- In a pan, heat the canola oil.
- Add all the vegetables with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and saute them. Add parmesan cheese and vegetable stock and cook some more.
- Add in the barley and mix well. Let it cook. Add some fresh cream (optional) at the end.
- Season your dish with rosemary, thyme and coriander.
- Chia seed pudding because dessert is non-negotiable
- 1 ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 4-5 tbsp Chia Seed
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Pomegranate or Any seasonal fruit of your choice
- ½ tsp grounded Cinnamon
- Start by mixing your chia seeds and honey with the milk and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Once set, top it off with your choice of fruit and serve cold.
- Sweet potato chaat for in-between hunger pangs
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp green chutney
- Salt as per taste
- Pomegranate seeds
- Roasted peanuts
- Fry the sweet potato in some oil until it gets a charred appearance.
- In a bowl, add chopped onions, fresh coriander, red chilli powder, salt, lime juice and chaat masala. Mix well.
- Add the sweet potatoes now and toss well.
- Put some green and tamarind chutney.
- Garnish with pomegranate and some mint leaves.
So you see, we have you sorted for the entire day! But you can find more healthy recipes here.