May 23, 2018
• Soak rice for 3 to 4 hours. Drain off excess water and dry on absorbent paper or cloth.
• When the rice is 99% dry, grind to a fine powder and sieve. You may need to do the process 2 to 3 times. Keep aside.
• Melt jaggery with 1/4 to 1/3 cup water and cook till just reaches soft ball consistency.
• Remove and add to rice flour. Add ghee, cardamom and ginger powder and knead to a dough. Cover with cling wrap or place in airtight container and allow to rest for 2 days.
• Post two days, knead again. You will notice change in texture. Shape as shown in video and deep fry till brown. Drain on absorbent paper.