Almond Halwa Recipe
When it comes to desserts you cannot go wrong with our Badam Halwa or Almond Halwa recipe by Chef Preetha. Made with almonds, melted sugar, ghee and topped with aromatic saffron, get ready to enjoy a luscious Badam Halwa for dessert.
- Soak saffron in some milk.
- Blend almonds with remaining milk to a semi coarse/smooth paste.
- In a deep pan, combine sugar and water. Boil till sugar dissolves.
- Reduce flame, add almond paste and keep stirring till mixture starts to thicken.
- Start adding ghee, little by little and cook on low flame till ghee gets absorbed. Add saffron.
- When ghee starts to ooze out and the mixture starts to swirl in the pan, switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and camphor. Mix well and serve.