Almond Halwa Recipe
- Soak saffron in some milk.
- Blend almonds with remaining milk to a semi coarse/smooth paste.
- In a deep pan, combine sugar and water. Boil till sugar dissolves.
- Reduce flame, add almond paste and keep stirring till mixture starts to thicken.
- Start adding ghee, little by little and cook on low flame till ghee gets absorbed. Add saffron.
- When ghee starts to ooze out and the mixture starts to swirl in the pan, switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and camphor. Mix well and serve.