Amritsari Chole Recipe
Amritsari Chole is an all-time favourite dish, straight from the state of Punjab. Soaked Kabuli channa is combined with an assortment of spice powders to prepare this irresistible dish. Watch and learn this north Indian delicacy by Chef Varun Inamdar and pair it with garma garam bhature.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight or 8-10 hours
- Drain the soaked chickpeas and rinse well.
- Transfer it to the pressure cooker, add water, salt and potli masalas
- Close the lid and pressure cook till 5 - 6 whistles or till the chickpeas are completely cooked
- Strain the chickpeas and reserve the stock along with the spices.
- Heat ghee in a large pan, add chopped onion, cumin seeds, and bay leaves. Stir it well until it turns translucent
- Add ginger, red and slit green chilies. Combine it with tomato, salt, and powdered spices.
- Transfer the boiled chickpeas to the masala mixture. Add water and mix it well
- Keep the whole mixture on fire and simmer till the curry thickens
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and juvenile ginger
- Serve it with garama garama bhature