An Anglo-Indian Country Captain
A hint of British and a touch of Portuguese flavours, Country Captain is made popular by the Anglo-Indian community.
1. Grind the ingredients for the masala to a fine powder, gradually adding up to 100 ml of water as required.
2. Wash the chicken and marinate it.
3. In a pan, heat half the ghee / oil and sauté onions over moderate heat, till brown.
4. Stir in garlic and ginger paste and sauté over low heat till fragrant. Add chicken and brown it well.
5. In another pan, heat remaining ghee / oil and fry the ground masala over low to moderate heat, till fragrant.
6. Sprinkle a little water if required to prevent burning. Add chicken, bay leaves and stock / water. Cover pan and simmer till chicken is tender.
7. Whisk cream and yoghurt together, add to the curry and simmer for 2-3 minutes.