Authentic Rajasthani Churma
Who doesn't know of the famous Rajasthani delicacy, Churma? Ever wondered how to make it? Well, today Neha Mathur shows you how to make Churma, the easy way.
1. Add 3 tbsp ghee in whole wheat flour and mix nicely with your fingers.
2. Knead a tight dough using warm water.Keep covered for 10 minutes.
3. Knead again for a minute and divide the dough into 6 pieces.
4. Make balls of the dough and roll into 1 cm thick disc.
5. Heat ghee in a pan and deep fry the discs on low - medium heat till they are golden brown.
6. Keep the fried discs covered till they cool down.
7. Meanwhile, fry the chopped almonds and cashew nuts in a tbsp of ghee. Keep aside.
8. Break the discs into small pieces and coarsely grind in a blender.
9. Add the remaining ghee in a pan and add the ground mixture.
10. Fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.Add the fried dry fruits, powdered sugar and cardamom powder in the mixture and make small ladoos.
11. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.