Bengali Bhoger Khichdi
Made during the festival of Durga Puja, this frangrant vegetable and lentil dish is quite the Bengali favourite!
1. Begin by roasting the dal in a pan.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, add in ghee, ginger, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, bay leaves and mix well.
3. Add in crushed cardamom, cloves and cinnnamon along with some fresh green chillies.
4. Put in the vegetables and mix again.
5. Pour in some water and let it cook for a while.
6. Add in the roasted dalt, rice and green peas.
7. Put chilli powder, sugar, turmeric and mix well.
8. Pour in some more water and let it cook.
9. Garnish and serve hot.