Aloo Chaat is popular dish, quick and easy to make. Veena takes us through the recipe in this video.
• 250 gms Arbi ( boiled and peeled and cut into round slices)
• 2 medium sized potatoes (boiled , peeled and cut into small pieces
• 1 cup tamarind pulp (thick)
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• Salt to taste
• 1 inch piece jaggery
• ½ tsp. red chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin seed (jeera) powder
• 2 green chillies chopped fine
• 1 inch piece ginger finely chopped
• Few Coriander leaves chopped fine
• 50 gms fine Bhel sev (optional)
Peel and slice boiled arbi (taro) into a bowl
Peel and cut boiled potato into it
Add 1 tsp of jaggery to the tamarind pulp
Add ½ tsp of jeera powder (cumin powder) to it
Add ½ tsp of red chilli powder to it
Add salt as per taste
Mix well so all the ingredients blend together
Add ¼ tsp of red chilli powder on to the boiled potatoes and arbi (taro)
Add ½ tsp salt on to it
Add the finely chopped onions to it
Add the finely chopped ginger
Add finely chopped green chillies
Mix the contents well
Add the tamarind pulp to the dry contents
Sprinkle some cumin powder and red chilli powder on top. Mix well
Garnish with sev chopped coriander leaves and green chillies. Serve at room temprature
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.