Bisi Bele Bath Recipe
Get some delicious comfort food straight from Karnataka with this Bisi Bele Bath. It’s a bowl of steaming hot lentil rice with various spices which contribute to its unique flavour and delectable taste. Cook up this traditional dish by Varun Inamdar and pair it with raita, papad or an accompaniment of your choice.
- Wash and soak rice and dal for at least 20 - 30 minutes
- Heat a pot, transfer the soaked rice and dal
- Add chopped vegetables, peas, salt and water.
- Add powdered spices to the mixture and combine it together
- Close the lid and let it cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Cook till the rice reaches the desired consistency
- Season with seasoning ingredients. Pour the seasoning over the bisi bele bath
- Last, add tamarind pulp to the dish and mix it well
- Ready to serve. Bisi Bele Bath is served with papad