Get some delicious comfort food straight from Karnataka with this Bisi Bele Bath. It’s a bowl of steaming hot lentil rice with various spices which contribute to its unique flavour and delectable taste. Cook up this traditional dish by Varun Inamdar and pair it with raita, papad or an accompaniment of your choice.
1 cup rice
3/4 cup tur dal
5 tbsp oil
10-12 curry leaves
5 cups water
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp sambhar masala powder
1/2 cup potato dices
1/2 cup red pumpkin dices
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup beans
1/2 cup peas
1/4 cup tamarind pulp
1.5 tsp salt
– Wash and soak rice and dal for at least 20 – 30 minutes
– Heat a pot, transfer the soaked rice and dal
– Add chopped vegetables, peas, salt and water.
– Add powdered spices to the mixture and combine it together
– Close the lid and let it cook for 25 – 30 minutes. Cook till the rice reaches the desired consistency
– Season with seasoning ingredients. Pour the seasoning over the bisi bele bath
– Last, add tamarind pulp to the dish and mix it well
– Ready to serve. Bisi Bele Bath is served with papad
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.