Bohri Chicken Biryani
Make this Bohri Chicken Biryani for your next Dawat and surprise your friends and family!
1. Boil rice with whole garam masala and salt till half done and keep aside.
2. In a dechki heat oil, add black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, jeera, & chicken and fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
3. Add ginger garlic green chilli paste & fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add potatoes and fry for 1 minute, then add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 cup water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add yogurt and brown onions, mix well then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add spice powder and mix.
7. Add part of coriander, mint and mix. Cover and further cook for 5 minutes till chicken is done.
8. Get the chicken and potato mixture on the side of the vessel and add half cooked rice in centre.
9. Sprinkle saffron and kewra essence, garnish with remaining mint coriander, cover with muslin cloth, close with a lid and cook on simmer for 15 minutes and serve.