India Food Network
Jan 31, 2018
1. In a large mixing bowl, mash 2 potatoes. add chopped coriander leaves and onion.
2. Next, add the dry spices like chilli powder, garam masala, chaat masala, amchur powder and salt to taste.
3. Combine them well, breaking aloo pieces.
4. Add in grated cheese and combine well.
5. Take a small amount of the stuffing and prepare small oval shaped balls. Make sure the size is small and fits into your bread slice. Keep them aside
6. Take the bread slices and cut the edges from all 4 sides.
7. Roll them flat using chapati roller. roll as thin as possible. This helps to prevent oil from getting absorbed when you deep fry.
8. Brush the edges with water. You can alternatively dip the entire bread in water and squeeze off the water between your palms. However, it absorbs more oil and you won’t get a nice stiff shape like a spring roll.
9. Place the stuffing prepared previously and roll the slices. Press the edges to seal them tight.
10. Heat the oil and deep fry the rolls on medium flame till they turn golden brown. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
Serve bread roll hot with tomato ketchup or as it is.