A sweet and spicy confectionery, our Chai Infused Cinnamon Rolls recipe is one you simply cannot resist. Cinnamon and Himalayan tea are mixed into a dough and baked to make delicious cinnamon rolls which are topped by a strong Himalayan Tea glaze giving you a sumptuous lip-smacking dessert.
- In a pan, boil milk with sugar and tea till well infused. Allow cooling. Strain while warm.
- To this warm milk, add yeast and mix well.
- Add salt, egg and whisk well. Add flour and knead into the pliable dough, using butter. Knead well for 5 minutes till dough is smooth. - Keep covered in a greased bowl for 1 hour or till its double in size.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cream well and keep aside.
- Once the dough has risen, punch dough and roll into a large rectangle. Leaving the edges, spread cinnamon sugar mixture all over the rectangle.
- Roll into a firm log and cut into pieces.
- Place these pieces on a greased baking tray. Cover and keep to rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Bake risen rolls in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown and baked.
- Cool over the wire rack.
- Prepare strong tea using water and Himalayan tea. Strain and keep aside.
- Over a double boiler, combine butter, icing sugar and tea decoction. Whisk till smooth and runny.
Preetha�s endeavour is to promote south Indian cuisine through her YouTube channel, Dakshin Curry. She absolutely loves curry leaves, and can fit them happily into in any recipe. For those of you who curse the poor thing, dry roast and powder them or use them in your dishes and enjoy the health benefits she says.