Chai Infused Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
A sweet and spicy confectionery, our Chai Infused Cinnamon Rolls recipe is one you simply cannot resist. Cinnamon and Himalayan tea are mixed into a dough and baked to make delicious cinnamon rolls which are topped by a strong Himalayan Tea glaze giving you a sumptuous lip-smacking dessert.
- In a pan, boil milk with sugar and tea till well infused. Allow cooling. Strain while warm.
- To this warm milk, add yeast and mix well.
- Add salt, egg and whisk well. Add flour and knead into the pliable dough, using butter. Knead well for 5 minutes till dough is smooth. - Keep covered in a greased bowl for 1 hour or till its double in size.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cream well and keep aside.
- Once the dough has risen, punch dough and roll into a large rectangle. Leaving the edges, spread cinnamon sugar mixture all over the rectangle.
- Roll into a firm log and cut into pieces.
- Place these pieces on a greased baking tray. Cover and keep to rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Bake risen rolls in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown and baked.
- Cool over the wire rack.
- Prepare strong tea using water and Himalayan tea. Strain and keep aside.
- Over a double boiler, combine butter, icing sugar and tea decoction. Whisk till smooth and runny.
- Pour over rolls and serve.