Apr 09, 2019
1. In a pan add some water and place a steel plate over it.
2. On the steel plate, add ripe jackfruit and cover it with a lid.
3. Steam it for around 10-12 mins.
4. Switch off the gas and let it cool for some time.
5. Once it’s cool take the jackfruit pieces and puree it into a pulp.
6. Add jaggery to a pan along with some water and let it dissolve.
7. Pour in the jackfruit pulp. Stir and let it dissolve with the jaggery.
8. Add few spoons of ghee and again stir for some time.
9. To give flavours, add ginger powder, cardamom powder (optional) and cashew nuts.
10. Stir and cook till it achieves a thick sticky consistency like a halwa.