Chakka Varatti (Jackfruit Halwa) Recipe By Preetha
As South Indian New Year is around the corner India Food Network brings you a mouthwatering South Indian dessert recipe Chakka Varatti by Chef Preetha Srinivasan in Dakshin Curry only on India Food Network. Chakkavaratty, Chakka Varattiyathu, Chakka Varatti, Jackfruit Preserves or Jackfruit Halwa is a type of dessert made from jackfruit. The seeds are removed from the fruit and it is cut into small pieces. The fruit is then cooked with ghee and jaggery; it eventually reaches a paste or jam-like consistency.
1. In a pan add some water and place a steel plate over it.
2. On the steel plate, add ripe jackfruit and cover it with a lid.
3. Steam it for around 10-12 mins.
4. Switch off the gas and let it cool for some time.
5. Once it's cool take the jackfruit pieces and puree it into a pulp.
6. Add jaggery to a pan along with some water and let it dissolve.
7. Pour in the jackfruit pulp. Stir and let it dissolve with the jaggery.
8. Add few spoons of ghee and again stir for some time.
9. To give flavours, add ginger powder, cardamom powder (optional) and cashew nuts.
10. Stir and cook till it achieves a thick sticky consistency like a halwa.
- dakshin curry
- chakka varatti recipe
- chakka varatti recipe in english
- chakkavaratty recipe
- jackfruit preserve
- jackfruit preserve recipe
- jack fruit preservation methods
- jackfruit halwa recipe
- jackfruit halwa kerala style
- kerela style jackfruit halwa. chakka varattiyathu
- chakka varatti
- jackfruit halwa
- chakka halwachakka halwa
- keralachakka halwa recipe
- how to preserve jackfruit for long time
- chakka varattiyathu recipe
- chakka varattiyathu ada