A vegetarian delight, Chapar Ghonto is a mishmash of fresh vegetables enriched with lentils patties to try this Durga Puja. An assortment of spices is perfectly blended with vegetables and cooked in quintessential Emami Healthy & Tasty Kachchi Ghani Mustard Oil which is rich in vitamins A, D & E. Go ahead and try this mouthwatering Bengali dish and pair it with steamed rice.
- Prepare lentil paste with a little turmeric powder, green chilies, ginger, and salt.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil, and fry tablespoons of lentil paste and shallow fry. These are the 'Chapor'. Keep aside
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add paanch foron , dry red chilies, bay leaves. As the spices release, nice aroma add the vegetables, with a little salt and turmeric powder, cover and cook. After 10 min adds other vegetables and rest of the grated ginger cover and cook it till the vegetables are done.
- Add mustard-poppy seed paste mix well. Break the chapor or the lentil patties and green chilies.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot with steamed rice.