Cook the rice in two portions:
1. Portion A
Heat oil in a pan. Add the cardamoms, cashews. Add ¾ of the cooked rice. Stir and keep aside
2. Portion B
Heat oil in a pan. Add 4 whole cloves. Add ¼ of the cooked rice, add turmeric powder and salt to tate. Keep aside
After the portions are done, mix the two and divide into two portions. Keep aside.
Preparation of vegetables:
1. Cut Eggplant and broccoli into bite sized portions
2. Het oil and fry onion slices, cloves, chopped coriander, ½ ginger paste, 1/2 of garlic paste, 1/2 of cardamom powder and fry for a while.
3. Add the eggplant and broccoli. Stir and cover until done, then remove from heat.
4. Fry the potatoes in some oil and add to the above mixture and stir carefully, cover for a minute or so on a low flame.
Preparation of Kamrupi Biryani:
1. Choose skin chicken
2. Burn the skin over flame.
3. Cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces
4. Apply ginger paste,garlic paste and cardamom powder to coat the chicken
5. Heat oil. Add onion chopped coriander and fry until reddish-yellow
6. Add coated chicken, cloves, add salt and cook chicken till done . Add the peas.
7. Add th vegtables and rice . and slow cook for 2-3mins