A Goan speciality, Chicken Cafreal has its roots in Portuguese cuisine.
1. Take a mixing jar and put pods of garlic, ginger, green chillies, cloves, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, lime juice, lemon zest, salt, turmeric powder and water.
2. Grind it and use it to marinate the chicken.
3. Marinate the chicken for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Heat a pan and put oil.
5. Add the marinated chicken and stir it well and cover it with a lid.
6. Keep it in slow flame for 15 to 20 minutes and keep checking it.
7. Once the chicken becomes tender, remove it from the pan.
8. For the side dishes, heat the same pan and put oil and butter.
9. Add garlic and let the garlic cook a little.
10. Put slices of boiled potatoes without removing the skin and brown them to give a roasted effect.
11. Remove the potatoes from the pan and put more oil to the same pan.
12. Add butter and garlic and let the garlic become brown.
13. Put bulbs of spring onions, chopped broccoli, sliced zucchini, salt, a little more butter and bell peppers (yellow and red) and stir it well. Do not overcook the vegetables. Let them remain crunchy.
Seema's YouTube channel, IFN Ka Dhaba is a place where you can rediscover some of the most delicious and popular dishes from the Punjabi kitchen. If you are looking for north Indian recipes, you know where to stop by.