1. Take 2 tbsp of oil and roast all your masala ingredients till they are fragrant and the coconut is golden brown in color. Let it cool and then grind it to a smooth paste adding ginger and garlic while grinding.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel or kadai and saute the onion till it turns to light golden colour. Drop in a few curry leaves and the masala paste into it and saute further a few mins.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt and fry till the tomatoes are cooked.
4. Add the chicken pieces and fry for a few minutes till they are well coated in the masala
5. Pour around 2 cups of water and lemon juice and cook till the chicken is done.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve with love and some crisp dosas.