1. Dry roast the masalas on low flame. Blitz it well.
2. Make the wet marinade with the tamarind, chillies and ginger-garlic.
3. Marinate the chicken with both the spice mixes.
4. Heat some oil and put the mustard seeds. Add onions and fry well.
5. Add the chicken at this stage, cover and cook.
6. Add the jaggery and curry leaves and cook for another 5 mins.
7. Serve with pao or rice.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.