Oct 28, 2016
Chikki Brownies for food blogger Monika Manchanda are a trademark of Diwali. For her son they are the best brownies that exist! Find out if you share the same sentiments for this delectable treat, this Diwali.
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C, grease and line a 6-inch square pan with parchment paper
2. Melt chocolate + butter in a double boiler
3. Remove from heat, add the sugar and salt. Mix well till combined
4. Set aside for 3 minutes for it to cool slightly . Sift the flour and cocoa powder together and set aside
5. Add vanilla and one egg at one time to the chocolate mixture and whisk till fully incorporated
6. Add and fold in the flour mixture in three parts.
7. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Crush the chikki and sprinkle on top of the batter
8. Bake for 30 mins at 170C.