Chingri Macher Malaikari (Bengali Prawn Curry)
A luscious and coconut-y prawn curry cooked with Bengali spices.
1. Marinate the prawns with some salt and turmeric.
2. Fry them in shallow oil. Remove them from the pan.
3. Put the cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
4. Now add the dried red chillies and green chillies and let them sizzle.
5. Add the onion paste and ginger-garlic paste at this stage.
6. Put the tomato paste.
7. Now add the prawns and cook for a minute on low flame.
8. Add sugar and salt.
9. Pour water and reduce the flame.
10. Add garam masala.
11. Serve warm with rice.