Bengali Prawn Curry
The Best Bengali food made effortlessly! Kalyan takes you through all you need to keep in mind to make this scrumptious Bengali Prawn Curry (Chingri Malai Curry) in any kitchen, anywhere!
- Shallow fry prawns smeared in turmeric & salt & set aside
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan
- Add cumin seeds (optional), whole garam masala, bay leaves, dry red chilli& green chilli
- Stir, add onion paste, then ginger & garlic paste and tomato paste (optional)
- Add the prawns, gently stir
- Add coconut milk, sugar & salt, bring to a boil, simmer, thin with water, top with garam masala powder
- Have with rice.
- Don't overcook the prawns