Dec 05, 2016
This is a must-have on the Bread-lover’s menu. Monika loves baking breads, but believe it or not she was once terrified of bread-baking process. Find out more about how she tamed the ‘yeast beast’ in this video and learn how to make these scrumptious rolls too while you’re at it. They’re beautiful, unique and melt-in-your-mouth awesome.
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together and leave aside for 5 minutes till it looks a little frothy. Thats when the yeast has been activated and is ready to use.
2. Mix the above starter with dough and knead lightly till everything comes together as a dough. No need to over knead it. Add oil to it and knead for another 5 minutes till it starts springing back.
3. Keep the dough for resting covered by cling film for about 30-45 mins till it almost doubles depending on the weather. While the dough is proofing u can make the garlic spread ready by mixing all the ingredients together at room temperature.
4. After its doubled in size, knock down to remove the air and roll in to a half an inch thickness sheet. Use dry flour to prevent it from sticking.
5. Apply the garlic filling/spread evenly on the dough and roll the dough from one end to another. Using a knife or a thread (I feel thread results in a cleaner cut) cut it into 8-10 rolls of equal size.
6. Line them in a loaf pan, spread the left over garlic spread on top and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. leave it for proofing again for 30 mins or so.
7. Apply egg wash (optional) and bake it in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20-25 mins. Pull them apart and eat fresh and warm.