Mar 16, 2017
1. Cut thick slices on the pomfret fish and season it with salt and turmeric powder. Spread it on all the pieces and keep aside.
2. Dry roast dried red chillies, cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds & cumin seeds on a pan for 2-3 mins.
3. Add all the roasted spices in a mixer and then add coconut, vinegar & water and grind it into a fine paste.
4. In a pan, add oil & onions and fry till onions become golden brown in colour.
5. Then add the ground paste and fry it for a few seconds and then add water and cook it some more.
6. Add the fish into the gravy and mix well and let the gravy simmer for sometime. Cook the fish for 4-5 mins.
7. Next add the tamarind pulp & green chillies and let it simmer for about a minute.
8. Serve with some rice and enjoy!