Harpal Singh Sokhi
Mar 20, 2019
– Add maida, oil, salt and ajwain in a bowl & mix nicely till it crumbles.
– Add little water and knead to make a very stiff dough.
– Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
– Divide the dough into 20 equal balls.
– Roll each ball into a 4 inch disc.
– Apply little ghee on the disc and sprinkle some chaat masala.
– Fold the disc to make a semi-circle.
– Apply little ghee on the semi-circle and fold once again to make a triangle.
– Slightly press the open edges and prick the mathri with a fork.
-Make all the mathris in the similar manner.
– Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is slightly hot, add a few mathris and fry on low heat till golden brown.
– Do not overcrowd the mathris in the pan. (It will take around 12- 15 minutes for each batch to fry)
– Keep turning the mathris while frying.
– Remove the mathris in a plate and let them cool.
– Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to a month.
– Serve with ginger tea or mango pickle.