1. Take a cup of chopped dates and add it to the mixture of milk and water which is nicely heated.
2. This causes the dates to turn soft in a nicer way.
3. In a bowl take butter and powdered sugar together and mix for a few minutes till it turns creamy and fluffy.
4. At this point, add around a cup of brown sugar to the cake mixture.
5. Beat the mixture for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Now take a small bowl, add soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder and baking soda.
7. Add all of this to a bowl of wheat flour. Sieve all of these ingredients together.
8. To the wet mixture made earlier, add some vanilla essence. Mix it well.
9. To the dry mixture, add chopped almonds (toasted) and mix it with a spoon.
10. Now one by one add the wet and dry mixture to the cake mixture.
11. Tip - Begin with a flour mixture then the wet mixture. This will be done in parts simultaneously. Post adding do stir each time with the ladle in the cake mixture.
12. In this manner, the right consistency will be achieved.
13. Add the cake mixture in the baking tray.
14. Preheat at 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes.
15. Bake for about 20-25 minutes in the oven.
16. Check with a knife to understand whether it has baked or not.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.