Harpal Singh Sokhi
Mar 14, 2019
– Mix flour, salt and ghee in a bowl and mix well using your finger tips.
– Add little water and make a soft dough.
– Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
– Mix cooked dal, jaggery, sugar and ghee in a pan and cook until jaggery is dissolved and mixed with dal.
– Simmer the heat and cook the mixture until it starts to leave the sides of the pan and is thickened nicely.
– Add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and fennel powder and mix well.
– Remove the filling from heat and let it cool.
– Divide the filling into 6-8 equal parts.
– Divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions.
– Dust and roll the dough balls to make a 4-5 inch circle.
– Keep a filling ball in the center of the dough circle and bring the ends together.
– Dust and roll again to make a 6 inch circle.
– Heat a griddle and transfer the Puran Poli on the griddle.
– Cook from both the sides until brown spots appear.
– Apply oil on both the sides and press the Puran Poli using back of a ladle and fry until golden brown from both the sides.
– Make all the Puran Poli in the same manner.
– Serve it with Ghee